The IFPDC Winter Scientific Meeting featuring Dr Basil Mizrahi was held on Sat 18th November 2017 in the Large Lecture Theatre, DDUH and was attended by a large and enthusiastic audience.
Dr Mizrahi’s theme for the day was ‘Improving the Predictability and Precision of your Restorative Dentistry’
The following Topics were covered
Mechanical vs Adhesive Dentistry
• Decision making – When to restore adhesively and when to restore mechanically
• Anterior all-ceramic crowns – which one when, how and why.
• Tooth preparation techniques and requirements – mechanical vs adhesive
• Cementation vs Bonding techniques and materials
Temporary restorations – the key to success
• How to produce good looking and well fitting temporaries
• How to attain healthy soft tissue from your temporaries.
• What materials work best
• Laboratory provisionals – when and how to use them
• How to get perfect margins and create healthy gingivae with your temporaries
• Analysis, comparison and troubleshooting of impression techniques and protocols
• Obtaining impressions of multiple teeth
Restoration of endodontically treated teeth
• Discussion of various types of posts and their indications and pros and cons
• Cuspal coverage vs intracoronal bonding ?
• Intra–radicular reinforcement, does it exist ?
• How the choice of post dictates the type of restoration
Dr Basil Mizrahi completed his dental training in South Africa in 1989. He subsequently went on to complete his specialist training in the USA in prosthodontics and implants at Louisiana State University in 1998 and is recognised by the General Dental Council as a Specialist in Prosthodontics and Restorative dentistry. He runs a full time, referral based private practice specialising in complex rehabilitation, aesthetic cases and dental implants. He is Honorary Clinical Lecturer, UCL Eastman Dental Institute and Director of Mizrahi Dental Teaching.