‘Bench-Marking’ your practice!!!
Give your Practice a Health Check!
Venue: Administration Room, DDUH Date: Sat 25th November 2017
Fee: €195 for IFPDC members, €295 for non-members
Tutors: Dr Noel Kavanagh, General Dental Practitioner, Kilkenny
Dr Paul O’Dwyer, Group Clinical Advisor, Dental Care Ireland Group
1. Established practices who feel standards may be stagnant or have slipped….possibly isolated.
2. Dentists starting out/recently bought/newly established
3. Dentists in ‘exit strategy’ mode.
4. Building a chain/ multiple sites – stream lined policies, procedures, protocols etc.
• Practice growth – leadership, the ‘Big Picture’/strategy, PGP (Practice Growth Programme), Marketing, SWOT analysis
• HR/staff – workplace legislation and regulations, recruitment, appraisals, training, staff contracts
• The physical practice – freehold vs leasehold, dental equipment, fixtures and fittings, ICT (full/part computerised)
• Operations – practice management, change management, infection prevention & control, radiation protection, medical emergencies, communication/complaint handling, record keeping, governance
• Finances – cost management, utilising your accountant